Chef Feker prepares delicious goat cheese risotto
Chef Feker heats up the Real Milwaukee kitchen with his delicious goat cheese risotto.
IL MITOs Goat Cheese Risotto
• 6 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup white wine
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 onion diced
• 3 cloves of garlic diced
• 1 bunch Italian parsley chopped
• 1 cup Arborio rice
• 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, grated
• 1/2 cup of goat cheese
• Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil then reduce to simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan heat the oil over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons of butterand once melted, add onion and garlic. Cook for two minutes then add the rice, stirring to coat each grain. When rice begins to release a toasted aroma, deglaze with the white wine.
3. Once wine has evaporated, add one cup of the warm chicken broth and cook, stirring, until the ricehas absorbed the liquid. Add the remaining broth, one cup at a time. Continue to stir, allowing therice to absorb each addition of broth before adding more. Add parsley then test the rice, it should be al dente but creamy.
4. Remove risotto from heat.
5. Add grated pecorino and goat cheese, remaining butter, sea salt and pepper to taste.
6. Create your platform with your risotto, top with roasted beet wedges and drizzle with beet reduction.