Chef Feker prepares gluten free chicken pizza
Chef Feker joins Real Milwaukee to make gluten free chicken pizza.
CHEF FEKER’S GLUTEN FREE CHICKEN PIZZA
Ingredients for toppings
• Caramelized red onion
• Sautéed spinach
• Grilled chicken, tossed in olive oil with rosemary and Italian parsley
• Fire-roasted Tri-color bell peppers, thinly sliced
• Fresh crumbled Fontina cheese
• Shredded mozzarella and asiago cheese
• 1 cup Homemade tomato sauce
Ingredients for the dough
• 3/4 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
• 3/4 cup tapioca flour
• 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk powder
• 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
• 1 package active dry yeast granules
• 1/2 teaspoon honey
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup lukewarm water
• Extra tapioca flour for rolling the pizza dough
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed together.
3. Add honey, vinegar, olive oil and gradually add water.
4. Mix on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Scrape the thick dough on to a large clean surface liberally sprinkled with tapioca flour.
6. Work enough tapioca flour into the dough so that it can be shaped into a large ball. With a large knife cut the dough in half to make two medium pizzas.
7. Shape each piece into a circle making sure to sprinkle enough tapioca flour on the dough and the work surface to prevent it from sticking.
8. With a rolling pin shape the dough into circles. Roll thin and then carefully place one prepared pizza crust on baking sheet or pizza stone, sprinkled with corn meal and bake for about 5 minutes or until the dough is firm. Repeat with second pizza. Top with tomato sauce and mozzarella and fontinacheese and bake for another 7 to 10 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, sauté your topping ingredients over medium heat until warm.
10. Top pizzas with your ingredients and then sprinkle with fresh crumbled feta cheese and enjoy.