IL MITO’s Sicilian Sweet and Sour Turkey Tenderloin
Chef Feker stops by to show you how to make IL MITO’s Sicilian Sweet and Sour Turkey Tenerloin. Watch the video above and follow the recipe below.
• 4, 6-oz turkey tenderloin
• 4 oz Balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 oz soy sauce
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1/2 cup red wine
• 2 oz extra virgin olive oil
• 1 red, yellow, green bell pepper sliced
• 1 small onion sliced
• 2 teaspoon chopped fresh Garlic
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 2 oz fresh basil, shredded
• 2 cups flour, seasoned with 2 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp white pepper, 2 tsp powdered mustard and 1 tbsp
• Your favorite Tempura Batter according to the package’s instructions
• 2 quarts oil for frying
1. Heat oil for frying to 375 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, dredge each tenderloin of turkey in the seasoned flour. Set aside.
3. When oil is ready, dip each dredged turkey in tempura batter, and place gently in hot oil (do this one
or two at a time).
4. Remove turkey after 5 minutes and place on a cookie sheet.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, sauté garlic, onion, bell peppers, basil, ginger and brown
sugar in olive oil until soft and lightly caramelized.
6. Place turkey in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
7. Deglaze the vegetable pan with balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, red wine and chicken broth.
8. Reduce sauce by half and when turkey is ready, spoon sauce over your turkey and enjoy with some
healthy rice pilaf or creamy basil polenta.