Chef Feker’s Enchiladas Sauce
This sauce has some bite to it. You will want to add cheese and sour cream to your enchiladas to balance the acidity of the tomatillos and reduce the heat from the chilies.
- 6 Poblano chilies roasted and peeled
- 1.5 pounds of tomatillos – husks removed, rinsed, and chopped & roasted
- 1 medium onion – chopped & roasted
- 2 Serrano chilies – seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
- Salt & white pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients until smooth. If the sauce is too thick you can add your favorite broth or water until the desired consistency is reached.
Gently simmer sauce for 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through.
Makes about 4 cups of salsa, enough for 12 enchiladas.