IL MITO’s Blackened Steak and Egg
My Dear Fekeroodies,
This is one of our signature dishes at IL MITO during our Sunday brunch. A great way to look at this dish is simplicity at its best: great, fresh ingredients plus great cooking techniques equal great results.
4, 8 oz Prime Choice Grade New York Steak
Ingredients for the crust
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground Mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon Cloves
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
1. Whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. Dredge steaks in the spice mixture.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Once ready, heat a grill pan. Drizzle olive oil and sear steaks on both sides, two minutes per side.
5. Place steaks in the preheated oven for another four minutes for a perfect medium.
6. Do as we do at IL MITO and serve with over-easy eggs and roasted potatoes.