IL MITO’s Famous Puttanesca Sauce
Chef Feker stops by Real Milwaukee to teach you how to make IL MITOs famous Puttanesca sauce.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 cup finely chopped onion
• 6 cloves minced garlic
• 1 cup tightly packed, pitted, chopped Kalamata olives
• 1 cup of Chef Feker’s tomato sauce (www.ilmito.com)
• 2 tablespoons drained capers
• 2 tablespoons (about 8) minced anchovy fillets
• 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a large saucepan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté until soft and lightly caramelized, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the anchovies and garlic, cook an additional minute.
4. Add the tomato sauce along with all remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce