10-05-11: IL MITO's Turkey Tenderloin Panini
• 2 tenderloin of turkey, trimmed
• 6 slices thick cut apple smoked bacon
• red onion, sliced thin
• 2 roma tomatoes sliced
• 2 avocados sliced
• Basil mayonnaise
• Mixed baby greens (or your favorite lettuce) for garnish
• 8 slices provolone cheese
• 4 rosemary ciabatta or your favorite bread
1. Wrap each tenderloin with three bacon strips. Heat a non-stick pan and drizzle with olive oil to coat the bottom. Place turkey in pan and brown on all sides. Lower temperature and allow to cook until cooked all the way through.
2. Meanwhile, slice onion, tomatoes, avocados, and toast your bread.
3. Once turkey is done, remove and let rest for minimum of four minutes. Then sliced thin to evenly share within the four breads.
4. Spread mayo on the top and bottom of the bread. Place one slice of cheese on the bottom. Layer as follows: tomato, onion, turkey, avocado, lettuce, and another slice of cheese, bread. Serve with a pasta salad or IL MITO’s eggplant fries.