Organize your kids for school
l. Set up an area for the backpacks, coats, shoes, boots, and letters home. By doing this you will save a lot of time and frustration looking for things last minute in the morning.
2. When school papers come home have a system in place for them to be read, sinned and taken back to school.
3. When emptying backpacks, write in pencil the month, year and name of the child on the back of artwork and school work you plan on keeping.
4. Have a binder with plastic sleeves for each child. Place a picture of the child on it. When items like certificates, exceptional work, and programs come home; have the child place them in the binder to show relatives and friends when they come over for a visit.
5. Pay it forward. Is there a friend, neighbor, or relatives that would be touched by receiving a piece of artwork from their favorite kid.
6. Plan time to schedule maintenance! Go through items at the end of report card or season. This means clothes, schoolwork, and even the backpacks. Keep what fits or what the kids will actually wear. Keep a sampling of the papers, but not everything.